For the last decade, the Sunset Print Awards have been bestowed upon more than 110 photographers, all of whom received cash prizes and the coveted crystal trophy. For the 2018 competition, we’ve decided to give more photographers the opportunity to vie for the top spot. The five Professional Photographers of America districts will offer a Sunset Print Award in eight categories, in which winners will need to showcase the fundamental “elements of excellence.”
There are several opportunities over the next few weeks to earn awards at the following events:
- Feb. 8-10: Photo Pro EXPO – Kentucky PPA
- Feb. 9-11: PhotoMax – PP of Michigan
- Feb. 9-12: Professional Photographers of Iowa Winter Convention 2018
- Feb. 22-23: Western District Photographic Competition
- Mar. 8-9: Northeast District Photographic Competition
To see a full list of scheduled events throughout the year, check out the up-coming awards schedule on the Sunset website.
The regional 2018 Sunset Print Awards will be available to colleges, camera clubs, etc., as well as professional organizations, like PPA and WPPI. All the regional winners will be in contention for one of the top three spots in the National Sunset Print Competition held at PPA – International Photographic Competition (IPC).