Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) announced today that registration for WPPI U is now open. The two-day workshops will take place this year in Fairfield, N.J., June 25-26; Atlanta, July 24-25; Las Vegas, Aug. 13-14; and Portland, Ore, Sept. 5 -6.
WPPI says that WPPI U is a comprehensive, university-style two-day seminar providing essential education and training on multiple aspects of photography to help today’s up-and-coming photographers not only strengthen their shooting skills, but also learn how to be successful in their business and marketing practices.
“What began nearly three years ago as a one location educational seminar has grown into the ultimate learning experience that hits the road this summer to bring WPPI-quality education to four key cities in the United States,” said George Varanakis, Show Director of WPPI U and Publisher of Rangefinder. “Ideal for emerging photographers who envision a successful career in photography, WPPI U allows attendees to sharpen their technical skills, teaches them how to run a profitable business and break out on their own using marketing tips they learn from the renowned industry leaders who speak and teach at WPPI U.”
Featuring several guest instructors, WPPI U class topics will include:
- Lighting & Posing Techniques
- Wedding & Portrait (now including Children & Pets)
- Business Planning & Accounting
- Presenting & Marketing Your Business
- Postproduction – Lightroom & Photoshop
- Social Marketing Panel
- Portfolio Reviews
Professional photographers scheduled to speak at WPPI U include:
- Fairfield N.J.: Lindsay Adler, Sal Cincotta, Anthony Vazquez, Christa Meola, Blair and Suzanne Phillips, Jared Platt, Susan Stripling, and Doug Gordon
- Atlanta: Lindsay Adler, Sal Cincotta, Zach and Jody Gray, Tim Meyer, Sarah Petty, Jared Platt, Doug Gordon, and Moshe Zusman
- Las Vegas: Sue Bryce, Sal Cincotta, Zach and Jody Gray, Blair and Suzanne Phillips, Jared Platt, Lori Nordstrom, and Lindsay Adler
- Portland, Ore.: Sue Bryce, Sal Cincotta, Kevin Kubota, Scott Robert Lim, Jared Platt, Kirk Voclain, and Jim Garner
Each class is estimated to run two hours, but may vary per city based on the number of professional photographers on the agenda. WPPI U also includes a mini trade show featuring some of the newest gear and latest technology from leading brands in the photo industry. Lunch and refreshments are included. Attendees will receive a certificate of completion from WPPI to display in their office or studio.
Registration for WPPI U is now open. The early bird registration rate for WPPI U is $125 per person until June 8. After June 8 the price will be $149 per person. Each registered attendee receives one free registration to WPPI 2013, which will take place next year at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, March 7-14, 2013.
To register for WPPI U, visit: https://www.xpressreg.net/eReg/RegDemoE-Reg.asp?rc=&aban=&p1=
For more information about WPPI U, visit: www.wppionline.com/on-the-road.shtml