If you’re considering adding a wide-format solvent printer to your operation, you’re on the right track to increase production and add lots of new capabilities. We sat down with our printer training pro, Michael Clementi, to learn five top ways that an Epson SureColor S-Series printer (S40600, S60600 and S80600) can help you grow your business.
- It’s two printers in one. Particularly with the S80600, you’re going to see a major uptick in production speed. So much so, that it is like having two printers instead of one. The print speed is nearly doubled in comparison to older model solvent printers. Plus, you’ll see the consistent, photo-realistic/fine-art quality that Epson printers are known for.
- Quick-drying solvent inks. The new ink formulation that Epson has introduced with these printers are so quick-drying that you can now use a take-up reel and save space and time on waiting for ordinary solvent inks to dry. The UltraChrome GS3 inks are low-odor and nickel-free and produce an enhanced color gamut. So, you’ll print faster and with better results.
- More pinch rollers = more material options. With 40 individual media rollers with five independent pinch rollers, you’ll experience better control of the media you’re printing to. The additional rollers prevent the material from bunching, causing fewer head strikes. Try it with polyester or other fabric solutions.
- More applications, indoors and out. With solvent, you’ll not only increase the longevity of your outdoor print jobs (aqueous may last a year, solvent lasts five times that), but you can also branch out into other growing markets, like décor. The recently launched LexJet Premium WallPro line, for instance, is solvent-compatible. Even more benefits: Solvent materials and inks are less expensive than aqueous, and typically don’t require a protective coating. So, you’re getting savings on savings!
- Less maintenance. Any printer knows that maintenance is a time-sink and production-killer. Epson’s eco-solvent inks will save you here, as well, because they are far less harsh than aggressive, volatile hard solvent inks. Your printheads will thank you. “You’re looking at once a month maintenance, rather than once a week,” Clementi says. “We ran the S80600 for four months, maintenance-free, with no problems.”