Epson’s new Epson Stylus Pro 890 series, scheduled to ship around the end of the year, combines its MicroPiezo TFT printhead with its eight-color Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta, including auto-switching Photo and Matte Black inks.
The 7890 is 24 inches wide and the 9890 is 44 inches wide, with prices starting at $2,995 and $4,995 MSRP respectively. Some of the features of both new printers include:
- Epson high-precision MicroPiezo TFP printhead with automatic printhead alignment
- Automatic nozzle verification and cleaning
- AccuPhoto HD screening technology for fine blends and photographic transitions
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters
- High-capacity-ink system
- ePlaten media-loading technology for accurate and automatic media handling
- Roll media length tracking and identification system with auto bar code tagging for faster reloading
- Included one-year of coverage under the Epson Preferred protection plan
For more information and the latest on when these new printers will be available, contact a LexJet account specialist at 800-453-9538.