Canon U.S.A. Inc. announced this morning the introduction of five new imagePROGRAF large-format printers: the iPF9400, iPF9400S, iPF8400, iPF6450 and iPF6400. The new printers are expected to be available at LexJet this month, and stay tuned for in-depth videos on the features of the new printers here at the LexJet Blog.
Designed for use by photographers, artists, proofers and print-for-pay users, the imagePROGRAF models include a variety of enhancements made to both quality and speed. According to Canon, users will experience increased productivity, while benefitting from the built-in tools that make managing large-format printing convenient and cost-effective.
The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400 (12-color, 60-inch, MSRP $11,995), iPF8400 (12-color, 44-inch, MSRP $5,995), iPF6450 (12-color, 24-inch, MSRP $3,695), iPF6400 (12-color, 24-inch, MSRP $2,995) and iPF9400S (8-color, 60-inch, MSRP $9,995) printers offer improved color stability designed for precise, ultra high-quality print performance with increased speed and productivity.
All of these models utilize Canon’s LUCIA EX pigment ink set, an enhanced multi-sensor and advanced printing technologies specifically developed to produce prints with an enhanced color range and improved durability.
The imagePROGRAF iPF9400S and iPF9400 printers can now handle 60-inch borderless printing and now have a more affordable price when compared to previous models as well. Each of the imagePROGRAF models has been upgraded in comparison to previous generations by integrating several new features and functionalities to help customers achieve the ultimate in color consistency. These tools include:
- Multi-Sensor: A new, enhanced multi-sensor has been incorporated for improved density accuracy and stability over previous models. The sensor, along with the included software, helps to achieve color consistency across all new imagePROGRAF 12-color models.
- Color Calibration Management Console: Using the calibration function equipped in the new line of imagePROGRAF devices, it is possible to execute and monitor the calibration status of multiple printers on a network from one PC.
- Media Configuration Tool: This software allows the user to update and customize the printer and drivers with new Canon and custom media information.
Adding to the versatility of the imagePROGRAF printers is a sub-ink tank system which minimizes waste. The ink cartridges can also be replaced while the printer is running allowing for the print job to continue, which helps to improve the workflow of the end-user. This system is further enhanced for the imagePROGRAF iPF6450 and iPF6400 printers with a new 300ml tank size that will provide increased cost-savings.
Canon has also worked to help increase overall usability of each printer with a variety of new software features, including:
- Gallery Wrap feature: Allows users to easily create gallery wrap prints for framing along with creative options that expand the output possibilities
- Adjustment Pattern Setting: Users can print multiple versions of an image with different color setting in order to choose the color that most matches what is needed
- Tint and Tone Adjustments: Controls the four monochromatic shades allowing a user to create even more expressive blacks with smooth gradations, especially in darker areas
The 12-color, 24-inch Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6450 printer has the option to add an onboard spectrophotometer for advanced color management including the ability to obtain color consistency across multiple iPFX400 series printers.
The optional SU-21 Spectrophotometer, which retails for $1,795, also helps reduce operating costs by automating color management and is highly adaptable to user system environments.
The spectrophotometer device includes:
- A fully automated mobile unit for the spectrophotometer for a wide range of media of various thicknesses to be loaded and used with the device
- A specialized backing plate that has black and white strips on it and is user switchable
- User-switchable UV blocking filter that can be turned on and off according to paper type
- A scan speed of 10 inches per second
- Expandable workflow options due to the ability to perform color calibration with third party media
- 2010 XRGA measurement standard compliance
For more information about the new Canon printers and to pre-order a unit, contact a LexJet customer specialist at 800-453-9538.