If you’re looking for a way to make site inspections just a little bit easier, we’ve found Photo Measures, a smartphone app that allows you to save and share measurements and dimensions on photos taken with your phone’s camera.
Instead of using a rough, hand-drawn sketch with notes, Photo Measures lets you:
- Take photos and draw measurements and details directly on the picture
- Zoom in and out of your photo when you need to be more precise
- Edit measurements with just a touch
- Quickly add text as comments when more info is needed
- Easily organize your photos by category
- Export measurements in hi-res by email or to your photo library (PDF or JPG)
- And import photos of any size and aspect ratio
It’s available for both Android and iOS devices. The Android version is currently $4.99 and the iOS is $6.99.
There’s also a free version of this app called: Photo Measures Lite, and this version is pretty helpful, too. However, it has a few limitations compared to the full version:
- You’re limited to only 2 photos at a time
- The photos you export will have a watermark
We’ve put together a quick video, above, to show Photo Measures in action. Check it out and let us know how this app and other on-the-job apps make your life easier.