SGIA has published details about educational sessions planned in conjunction with the 2010 SGIA Expo at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Oct. 13-15. The schedule reveals a heavy emphasis on how graphics businesses can adapt and update their sales, pricing, and marketing strategies for today’s economic climate.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12
New this year is the half-day business-development conference that will be conducted before the SGIA Conference officially gets underway on Oct. 13 and 14. This mini-conference runs from 1:00 to 5:15, with general-interest opening and closing sessions bracketing more focused, specialized breakout classes from 2:30 to 4:00.
Opening Session: Guerilla Selling: Seven Strategies to Double Your Business
- Rising Above: Marketing for Profitability in Graphics and Sign Shops
- Getting Noticed: How to Market Your Graphics Installation Business
- Marketing Opportunities in Garment Decoration
Wrap-Up Session: The Findability Formula: How to Monetize Social Media for Business Results
The fee for attending this business-development conference is $99 for SGIA members, $149 for non-members.
The SGIA Expo runs from 9:30 am-5 pm on Wednesday, Oct. 13 and Thursday, Oct. 14 and from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on Friday, Oct. 15.
Expo educational sessions will be held Oct. 13 and 14 and are grouped in five tracks: Graphics & Sign, Garment Decoration, Industrial Imaging, and Business Management. Below are just some of the topics to be covered.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13
- Pricing Accuracy for Graphics and Sign Producers
- Digital Industry Trends Panel
- Environmental Marketing: What Can You Say?
- Critical Steps to Print Sales Success
- Working with Graphics Installers
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14
- Upsell: How to Expand Your Value to Sell at Higher Prices
- Stop Losing Jobs to Lower Prices
- Vehicle Wraps: Best Practices
- Sign Law 101
- Avoiding Commoditization
- Expand Your Brand, Expand Your Business
- Single-Pass Inkjet Panel
For more information about the Expo, the educational sessions, and the business-development conference, visit www.sgia.org