ONYX Graphics announced this week the release of version X10.1 of its production RIP software products, including ONYX ProductionHouse, PosterShop and RIPCenter. In addition to being a
maintenance release to fix top reported customer issues, it also includes these enhancements:
- G7 grayscale calibration support and integration with Curve2 Software, which is a proof-to-print process based on a set of color criteria developed to ensure digital print technology elements – RIP, printer, media and ink – can reproduce a typical offset lithography sheet.
- Optional JDF module add-on for PosterShop and ProductionHouse for facilitating automated print workflows
- Native CMYKR support for the HP Z6200
- Multi-page PDF splitting workflow in RIP queue with Quick Sets where the ONYX RIP-Queue can process each different page size and optimize page nesting for maximum media savings and speed performance since each page can be processed and sent to the printer individually, without having to wait for the entire PDF file to be processed
- Easy profiling for white-ink printers
- Added CMYK compatibility mode
- Print-and-cut media compensation
- New measurement device support, including low-resolution swatch support for i1, new Barbierie Spectro LFP textile device and Barbierie 8mm aperture for supported devices
This update requires a Version 10.1-enabled key, so Version X10 users that purchased a license on April 11, 2011 or later are already licensed and can download the new version from www.onyxgfx.com. Current ONYX Advantage and ONYX Premium service plan holders, as well as customers with Version X10 licenses purchased after Dec. 1, 2010, can obtain the update for free by contacting email@example.com and requesting a key update.
For more information and help integrating a RIP workflow, contact a LexJet customer specialist at 800-453-9538.