Print shops running the HP Designjet L25500 latex inkjet printer should take 15 minutes or so to run a new firmware version released by HP this week. Firmware version 18.104.22.168 includes improved printhead reliability, drying time control, OMAS calibration and a friction detection message.
With the friction detection message the printer may require occasional carriage rail maintenance. HP has a video at its website that shows how to perform this maintenance at www.hp.com/go/L2Series/CarriageRailMaintenance_video.
To find out what firmware version you have, and to update to the latest, follow these four steps…
Step 1: View your current printer’s firmware version
- In the printer’s front panel, select Main Menu>Information>View printer information, or go to the Embedded Web Server (type the IP address of the printer from any web browser) and click on the Setup tab
- If the firmware version is 22.214.171.124 or greater, you do not need to upgrade the printer. If it is a previous release, continue with Step 2 and upgrade your printer
Step 2: Download the firmware from hp.com
- Go to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3974848&taskId=135&jumpid=ex_R10931_go/L25500fw
- Select the operating system in the website
- Select the firmware download and save the firmware file .fmw in your desktop
Step 3: Install the firmware to the printer
- Go to the Embedded Web Server (type the IP address of the printer from any Web browser) and click on the Setup tab
Click on update and follow the instructions on the screen.