Due to be available and shipping from LexJet in July, GBC’s new SPIRE laminator line brings durable, high-quality construction at a lower price point for a variety of print shop needs.
Introduced at last week’s International Sign Expo, GBC revealed the first three machines in the SPIRE line. Eight new modular-designed units will be released throughout the year in SPIRE I, SPIRE II, SPIRE III platforms with the possibility of a SPIRE IV line. The three new machines that will be available in June include:
- SPIRE II 54C: Preliminarily priced at around $4,500, it’s a 54″ mid-range cold laminating system with a 1.375″ mounting gap, foot pedal and speeds to 16 feet per minute
- SPIRE III 64C: Preliminarily priced at around $9,400, it’s a 64″ premium cold laminating system with top heat assist, 2″ mounting gap, and speeds to 16 feet per minute
- SPIRE III 44T: Preliminarily priced at around $8,900, it’s a 44″ thermal laminating system featuring full top and bottom heat up to 300 degrees F, 2″ mounting gap, cold capability with heat assist, and speeds to 17 feet per minute
“What sets the new SPIRE laminators apart is the type of construction and the cost. Most machines that are built this sturdy and rugged are very expensive, while low-cost machines don’t provide the same quality construction or finished output,” says Bob Elliott, product manager for GBC Lamination Equipment. “These machines are built to run all the time in very demanding production environments with prices at or below laminators in the lower quality range.”
All models are equipped with the laminating and mounting features needed to create profitable trade show graphics, backlit and rigid displays and vehicle graphics. SPIRE operators will benefit from:
- Capability to mount to thicker substrates
- Fast finishing at variable speeds of up to 17 fpm
- Highest quality output without silvering or lines
- Intuitive, accessible control panel for easy adjustments
- Durable, all steel construction
- No-hassle film loading
- Easy, custom configuration with optional add-ons
For more information and to pre-order a new GBC SPIRE laminator, contact a LexJet customer specialist at 800-453-9538.