The Professional Photographers Association (PPA) announced that registration is now open for Imaging USA 2012 (www.ImagingUSA.org), featuring three full days of intensive artistic and business education January 15-17 in New Orleans at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
“If you are a professional photographer—or want to be—you cannot miss the opportunity to attend Imaging USA. It will do more for your career than any other show,” says Don Dickson, president of Professional Photographers of America (PPA). “With so many speakers and programs, it’s amazing what you can learn here in a matter of days.”
Photography classes focus on different specialties and tricks of the trade geared toward improving business and photographic skills and the use of new technologies. Some of the industry’s biggest names appear as instructors, including Joyce Tenneson, Mark Bryant, Ed Pedi, Julieanne Kost, and more.
Classes run all day with breaks in between so attendees can visit the Imaging EXPO, a trade show where hundreds of the industry’s leading vendors showcase their products.
Other notable features of Imaging USA 2012 include:
- Annual Photography Exhibit, open to the public: One of the world’s largest annual photographic exhibits will be open to the public and there is no charge for admission
- Special events: A full slate of exclusive events featuring everything from award galas to a dance party with Fifty Amp Fuse
- Pre-convention photography courses: Imaging USA will offer three days of in-depth pre-convention programming for an additional fee (from classes on the business of photography to hands-on workshops that allow photographers to work with several different pros, one at a time)
- Specialty classes for sport and event photography. Imaging USA includes an educational track customized for sport and event photographers
- Evidence Photographers International Council Education and Certification Class. For an additional fee, attendees can participate in EPIC courses to learn about forensic and crime scene photography
Registration is open to all professional photographers and several options are available, including full-convention and one-day passes. A special Join & Go promotion includes a free full-convention registration for new professional active members who join PPA prior to the show. For more information about Imaging USA or to register for the conference, visit www.imagingusa.org or call 800-786-6277.