If your next print is going to be exposed to the elements or needs extra handling — like wrapping it on stretcher bars — you’ll want to add a protective layer of coating to keep that print looking sharp for a longer duration. This is especially true for images and graphics output on an aqueous printer.
Liquid coating is a cost-effective option for print protection, and is especially handy for canvas prints that need to be gallery wrapped. Check out the video above to see how easy it is to get a consistent, even application of liquid coating that looks great and lasts.
At LexJet, we’ve got the most comprehensive line of print protection products from the brands you know and love: Marabu ClearShield and Sunset. Check out our Print Protection page and browse through out “Water Based Liquid” coatings to see all the options for everything from canvas and photos to signage and wallpaper.
Opt for a gloss option to bring out the density in blacks and a matte finish to cut down on glare. We’ve also got options for anti-graffiti and transit graphics.
A few more hand-rolling tips:
- When rolling, opt for a high-density white foam roller to help reduce bubbling — these come in a variety of widths for your needs
- When rolling on the coating, opt for two thinner coats, rather than one thick one
- Overlap your coating in a few passes, but not so many that the coating becomes tacky or bumpy
- Small bubbles should dissipate, but if you get larger ones, try blowing on them to remove them
- Rinse your roller until the water runs clear, and you’ll be able to reuse your roller for about six months
Not sure which coating to choose? Give us a call at 800-453-9538 for some expert advice.