This weekend, 27 photographers and their award-winning prints compete for the ultimate prize, the second annual National Sunset Print Award being held at LexJet headquarters in Sarasota, Fla., on Sunday, Nov. 15.
A five-man judging panel will view the gallery of images that won Sunset Print Awards at a variety of photo competitions across the country, as part of the Professional Photographers of America annual competitions. Those winners were then eligible for the National Sunset Print Award with the First-, Second- and Third-Place winners earning valuable prizes.
This year’s judges include:
- Tom Carabasi of Ringling College of Art + Design
- Rich Newell, Professional Photographers of America
- Carmen Schettino, Carmen Schettino Photography, Sarasota
- Adrian Henson, portrait and commercial photographer, New Bern, NC
- Chuck Hill, portrait and landscape photographer, Hendersonville, NC
The 27 2015 Sunset Print Award winners include all types of images from landscapes and portraits to fine art and still life.
First Place winner will receive:
- Airfare for two to Sarasota, Fla., and lodging for two at the Lido Beach Resort on beautiful Lido Key, for three days and two nights*.
- A $500 Visa gift card to better enjoy your trip to Sarasota.
- While you’re here, you’ll meet your friends at LexJet HQ in Sarasota, get a sneak peek at the latest imaging technology, and more.
Second place winner receives a $500 Visa gift card
Third place winner receives a $300 Visa gift card
* Airfare is for coach. Lodging is one room, dual-occupancy. Not transferable, not redeemable for cash. Travel and Hotel stay must be completed between January 15 and March 15, 2016
To view all of the 2015 Sunset Print Award winners currently on display for judging today, go to www.sunsetprint.com/previous-winners/. You will also see Sunset Print Award winners from previous years.
To find out the 2016 competitions where the Sunset Print Award is being presented, go to www.sunsetprint.com/sunset-print-award/. This page is continually being updated as organizations around the country finalize their conferences, conventions and competitions, so check back regularly for the latest.
Also, check back here for the final judging results from the first National Sunset Print Award.