Coming up this month for photographers, labs and photographic and fine art reproducers looking to ensure color fidelity from capture to print, X-Rite Photo Marketing announces its schedule of January 2012 Webinars.
Three free Webinar topics this month are designed to help photographers gain new confidence and to learn quick, easy and powerful ways to enhance their color workflow. Webinar attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the live trainers.
Wednesday, Jan. 11, Noon and 2 p.m. EST
Oz to Kansas with Vincent Versace hosted by Nik Software and X-Rite: Join Vincent Versace, best selling author and internationally recognized pioneer in the art and science of digital photography for this webinar co-sponsored by X-Rite and Nik Software. Oz to Kansas: The Black and White on Black and White Conversions is the evolution of thought that began with the chapter in his first book, “Welcome to Oz: From Oz to Kansas. How to convert an Image to Black and White Without Ever Leaving the RGB Color Space.” This webinar takes a practical applications approach to when, why and how to convert an image. In it, attendees will learn which methods give them the best results and when to choose a simple or a complex solution.
Some of the topics covered in this webinar are:
- The only soup to nuts overview of the Nik Software Silver Efex Plug-in. How to use it and when
- The importance of color management, particularly to black and white
- When and why photographers should and should not use global de-saturation
- Split Channel conversions, what they are good for and a way to get the same effect with a file two thirds the size
- When to use the Black and White adjustment layer to bring out and separate the tones in a color image
- Multiple Channel mixer black and white conversions that replicate the physics of film
- What is “Faux-infrared” and a look at how to convert files to black and white from digital cameras that have been modified to shoot Infrared
- When and how to most efficiently use the Gradient tool for black and white conversion
To register for this webinar at Noon EST, visit: http://www.niksoftware.com/learnmore/usa/index.php/webinars/signup/12041
To register for this webinar at 2 p.m. EST, visit: http://www.niksoftware.com/learnmore/usa/index.php/webinars/signup/12061
Tuesday, Jan. 24, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. EST
Stop guessing. Start knowing. Two New X-Rite Solutions for Great Color! Knowing that a monitor is accurately showing the true color and tonal range of images is the first and most important step to getting great prints. If a monitor isn’t properly calibrated and profiled, a photographer could be guessing whenever they make any edits to their images. This webinar is perfect for anyone that has had trouble getting prints that match the image on their monitor.
During this webinar, attendees will learn how X-Rite’s two newest display solutions – the ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro – feature all-new state-of-the-art hardware and software for color calibration and profiling of displays, laptops and projectors.
Tuesday, Jan. 31, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. EST
Beyond Monitor Calibration – Get Prints That Match Your Display! Perfect for wedding, portrait and landscape photographers as well as photo lab professionals and photo enthusiasts doing their own printing, this webinar, featuring the award-winning X-Rite ColorMunki Photo, will teach attendees how to put a color managed workflow in place from image capture through printer output including creating custom profiles and learning how to use them correctly to produce prints that match a display every time.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Monitor to print matching (calibration and profiling)
- Obtaining consistent color in camera
- Benefits of creating and using custom printer profiles
- Soft-proofing in Adobe Photoshop
- Applying printer profiles in Photoshop
- Digital projector profiling
Webinar registration can be found on XritePhoto.com. Visit the Webinar page found under the Learning section.