X-Rite Photo Marketing announces its schedule of November Webinars that have been developed to address specific color management topics and are designed to appeal to both professional and serious amateur photographers.
Four free Webinar topics this month are designed to help photographers gain new confidence and to learn quick, easy and powerful ways to enhance their color workflow. Webinar attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions to the live trainers.
Here’s what’s on tap this month…
Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2 p.m. EST, Take your images to WOW! hosted by Winifred Whitfield: Winifred Whitfield is a photographer and digital painter. In this webinar she will demonstrate how precise color management and Nik Software give her the competitive edge to produce her stylized images. Winifred uses Nik Software to enhance her images, add structure, and even provide the artistic color palette that launches her creative process. Her creative workflow depends on precise color management with X-Rite solutions and begins and ends with Nik Software. Winifred will show attendees how she prepares the images in Photoshop with Nik Software before she begins the painting process and how she enhances her painted images with Nik Software as a final step.
In this webinar Winifred will cover:
- Be creative: Use Nik Software’s Color Efex Pro 4 and Viveza 2 to create stunning images and to spark creativity
- Shoot colors right: Create custom camera profiles with X-Rite ColorChecker Passport
- See colors right: Monitor and projector profiling with ColorMunki Display
- Print colors right: Profile monitor, projector and printer with ColorMunki Photo
Friday, Nov. 18, 10 a.m. EST, Improve your Color Management Skills, Part 3: Photographers can improve their color management skills by joining professional photographer and X-Rite Coloratti Jon R. Trengereid for the final session of a three part international education series and complete introduction to Adobe Lightroom 3. This webinar will help photographers get the best out of their equipment, speed up their workflow, gain greater control over their RAW files and get accurate colors every time.
Part 3, final session, will cover:
- The RAW converting process, including RAW development for color images and RAW development for grayscale images
- How Lightroom communicates with Photoshop
- Printing from Lightroom, including creating a Print Template, setting up the print driver to communicate with Lightroom and printing with color management
To register for Part 3 visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/995974289
Tuesday, Nov. 22, 11 a.m. EST and 1 p.m. EST, Stop Guessing – Start Knowing! Accurate Monitor Color with X-Rite: Knowing that a monitor is accurately showing the true color and tonal range of images is the first and most important step to getting great prints. If a monitor isn’t properly calibrated and profiled, a photographer could be guessing whenever they make any edits to their images. This webinar is perfect for anyone who has had trouble getting prints that match the image on their monitor. During this webinar, attendees will learn how X-Rite’s two new display solutions – the ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro – feature all-new state-of-the-art hardware and software for color calibration and profiling of displays, laptops and projectors.
Tuesday, Nov. 29, 11 a.m. EST and 1 p.m. EST, Beyond Monitor Calibration – Get Prints That Match Your Display!: Perfect for wedding, portrait and landscape photographers as well as photo lab professionals and photo enthusiasts doing their own printing, this webinar, featuring the award-winning X-Rite ColorMunki Photo, will teach attendees how to put a color managed workflow in place from image capture through printer output including creating custom profiles and learning how to use them correctly to produce prints that match a display every time.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Monitor to Print Matching (Calibration and Profiling)
- Obtaining consistent color in camera
- Benefits of creating and using custom printer profiles
- Soft-proofing in Adobe Photoshop
- Applying printer profiles in Photoshop
Webinar registration can be found on XritePhoto.com. Visit the Webinar page found under the Learning section.